As a City Council-appointed, record-keeping officer, the City Clerk and staff are responsible for the preparation, execution, and archiving of all City Council documents as prescribed by State law and City Code.
These duties include:
- Archiving City Council documents, official proceedings, ordinances, and resolutions
- Administering beer, wine & liquor licenses.
- Maintaining boards and commissions applications and appointments
- Administering business licenses.
- Maintaining City Council meeting and election materials
- Providing Notary Public services
- Publicizing of legal notices
- Recording official documents
- Special Tax Collection
- Finance Director including accounts payable
- Accounting functions of the City, including preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
The City Clerk's Office is responsible for public records and other information, including all resolutions and ordinances that are adopted by the City Council. Public records and other information can be requested from the City Clerk's Office.
For parades and running/walking events, applications must be submitted to the City Clerk 30 days prior to the event. For all other events, applications must be submitted 90 days prior to the event. There will be a $100.00 event fee for use of City services and/or supplies. This is Not Applicable for non-profit organizations.
See information on the city budget, accounts payable and taxes.
See information on business and liquor licenses.