The public works director supervises the activities of various departments within the public works sector. These departments include streets and sanitation, parks and grounds, engineering, utilities and equipment maintenance. In general, the director oversees the physical facilities of a community and any services that enable a community to function. Some of the directors duties include:
- Develops long-term programs that enhance the community
- Presents the top plans to the appropriate department heads
- Assigns work to the staff once a project has been selected
- Analyzes completed projects against the budget
- Hire employees and handle terminations.
- Create bid specifications and recommend vendors for projects
- Ensures that all work is completed properly by contractors, vendors and public works staff members
See information on the electric department.
See contact info for the light plant.
See contact info for the maintenance shop.
See information on the street department.
Wastewater Treatment Plant
See information on the wastewater treatment plant.
Water Distribution & Sewer Collection
See information on the water department and sewer collection.
Water Treatment Plant
See information on the water treatment plant.